As a specialist small business bookkeeper in Eastbourne, East Sussex, we love enabling you to be free to get on with your key tasks, while we sort out all the numbers and paperwork for your accounts.
We help the self-employed, small business owners and landlords across East Sussex, including Eastbourne, Hastings, Seaford and Uckfield.
Whether you are a start-up, or established in your business and property interests, we can help you with an affordable and professional service.
- we’re easy to get along with
- speak in jargon-free English
- respond quickly
- provide free access to ReceiptBank
- have expertise with Xero, QuickBooks and FreeAgent software
By using us as your small business bookkeeper, you can feel confident that the financial status of your business is being monitored and reported on – and we’re here to guide you through it.
What does a small business bookkeeper do?
Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions and is part of the process of accounting in business. Transactions include purchases, sales, receipts and payments by an individual person or an organisation/corporation.
The core fundamental tasks of a small business bookkeeper are data entry and bank reconciliation. Without these, all other bookkeeping tasks fall over.
- Data Entry is the recording the financial transactions and balancing the books
- Bank Reconciliation means cross referencing the accounts against bank statements and other source documents to confirm accuracy
Additional duties of a small business bookkeeper:
- Accounts Receivable (Credit Control) – creating and sending invoices, and following up to get them paid in a timely manner
- Accounts Payable – making sure invoices from suppliers are accurate and paid in a timely manner
- Payroll – calculating salaries, wages and deductions for employees
- CIS Returns – Construction Industry Scheme
- Self-Assessment Tax Returns for HMRC
- Training on accounting software such as Xero and Quickbooks
We use ECK Bookkeeping for our business. During our relationship so far, Elizabeth has proven to be extremely efficient, approachable and trustworthy. Elizabeth is always available for us if we need to seek clarification for anything. She really does go the extra mile to ensure you get the best service possible at a very reasonable cost. I highly recommend calling Liz if you are looking for a small business bookkeeper.
Jill Benjafield – Membership & Events Manager, Eastbourne UnLtd Chamber of Commerce – Eastbourne, East Sussex